Who We Are
The firefighters of Palm Springs have a proud history of service and dedication. The Palm Springs Fire Department was established in 1931. Currently, we respond to over 10,000 service calls out of five fire stations. Our fire apparatuses are staffed with three personnel, and has at least one firefighter/paramedic assigned to each apparatus. We have four engine companies, one truck Company, and a Battalion Chief on duty 24 hours a day. Every day, there are 19 personnel on duty, three of which are assigned to Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting units at the Palm Springs International Airport.
The Palm Springs Firefighters Association was established in 1961. Today, the Palm Springs Firefighters Association represents the full-time professional firefighters, who protect the citizens and visitors of Palm Springs. Our association is very involved within the community and is always looking for new ways to give back.